This section gives information on the implementation of European Commission Regulation (EU) No. 539/2016 on Performance Based Navigation (PBN) that amends European Commission Regulation (EU) No. 1178/2011 (the Aircrew Regulation).
A new article 4a was added to the Aircrew Regulation:
1. Pilots may only fly in accordance with performance-based navigation (“PBN”) procedures after they have been granted PBN privileges as an endorsement to their instrument rating (“IR”).
2. A pilot shall be granted PBN privileges where he or she fulfils all of the following requirements:
- The pilot has successfully completed a course of theoretical knowledge including PBN, in accordance with FCL.615 of Annex I (Part-FCL);
- The pilot has successfully completed flying training including PBN, in accordance with FCL.615 of Annex I (Part-FCL);
- The pilot has successfully completed either a skill test in accordance with Appendix 7 to Annex I (Part-FCL) or a skill test or a proficiency check in accordance with Appendix 9 of Annex I (Part-FCL).
3. The requirements of paragraph 2(a) and (b) shall be deemed to have been fulfilled where the competent authority considers that the competence acquired, either through training or from familiarity with PBN operations, is equivalent to the competence acquired through the courses referred to in paragraph 2(a) and (b) and the pilot demonstrates such competence to the satisfaction of the examiner at the proficiency check or skill test referred to in paragraph 2(c).
4. A record of the successful demonstration of competency in PBN shall, upon completion of the skill test or the proficiency check referred to in paragraph 2(c), be entered in the pilot's logbook or equivalent record and signed by the examiner who conducted the test or check.
The new PBN regulations will require:
- That from 25 August 2018 pilots may only fly in accordance with PBN routes and procedures after they have been granted PBN privileges as an endorsement to their Instrument Rating (IR);
- All pilots with an IR or Enroute Instrument Rating (EIR) will need to have PBN privileges after the 25 August 2020.
||Pour en savoir plus ...